Forumindex www.skoter.se
Skoterns Mecka när det gäller att prata om skotrar

Vanliga frågorVanliga frågor   SökSök     AnvändargrupperAnvändargrupper   Bli medlemBli medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Logga in för att läsa dina meddelandenLogga in för att läsa dina meddelanden   Logga inLogga in 

I had a cortisone shot in

Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Lynx
Föregående ämne :: Nästa ämne  
Författare Meddelande
shushu

Registreringsdatum: 15 februari 2019

InläggPostat: tor mar 07, 2019 7:36    Rubrik: I had a cortisone shot in Svara med citat

EDMONTON -- Much has been made of the Edmonton Oilers growing stockpile of young talent, but it was a Calgary Flames rookie who stole the show on Saturday night. Sean Monahan scored two goals, including the overtime winner, as the Flames snapped a two-game losing skid with a 2-1 victory over the Oilers in a game between two of the NHLs current lesser lights. Paul Byron won a battle behind the net with Edmonton defender Martin Marincin 1:50 into the overtime session and sent the puck in front to Monahan, who scored his 18th goal of the season. "In overtime (Byron) was just buzzing all over the puck and made a great pass to me which fortunately enough I was able to bury," Monahan said. "I was surprised that I had so much room. That was pretty awesome. That is my first overtime goal in the NHL." Flames captain Mark Giordano said that Monahan has become a real go-to guy. "One thing we have learned about (Monahan) is that he doesnt miss too many of those chances around the net," he said. "He has a knack for putting those ones in. Good on him. I am happy for him." The Flames (23-30-7) have won seven of their last 10 games. David Perron responded for the Oilers (20-34-Cool who have lost three in a row and sit in second last in the NHL, five points back of fourth-worst Calgary. "In our own zone for the most part, I thought we were alright," said Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins. "The last goal was just a great lesson for our defencemen there. You have to win the battle. Its a simple battle and thats what happens when you lose a battle like that, especially four-on-four." One especially troubling area for the Oilers of late has been the power play, which has now gone 0-19 in Edmontons last six games. "On the power play were having troubles entering and were having troubles finishing," said Oilers forward Jordan Eberle. "On the one power play there, we must have had four or five chances and we couldnt capitalize. When that starts to happen, that starts to wear on you and you start doubting yourself. "For me personally the biggest thing with our lack of offence, and we seem to go through it every season, is that our power play is dead." The Flames started the scoring just past the midmark of the opening period as Monahan was left alone in front of the net to coral a bouncing rebound and the Flames rookie sent the puck past Oilers starting goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. The goal was immediately followed by a heated tilt between Edmontons Luke Gazdic and Calgarys Kevin Westgarth, with Gazdic landing a punch that floored Westgarth to the point that he had to be helped off the ice and to the dressing room. "It was a good fight and both guys were throwing good punches," Giordano said. "At the end of the day you care about the person and it is hard to see something like that. Hopefully he recovers quickly and can get back in the lineup. "He is feeling alright now, which is good to see." Edmonton came close to tying the game just over a minute later when a puck landed behind goalie Reto Berra in the Calgary crease, but was quickly fished out and sent to safety by Giordano. The solid pace of the first period dropped off during a sloppy second period as Edmonton outshot the Flames by just a 5-3 margin in the scoreless middle frame. Calgary almost added to its lead seven minutes into the third period but a Giordano shot rang off the post. The Oilers tied the game just before the midway point of the third as Perron emerged from the sideboards with the puck and fired a laser past Berra for his team-leading 23rd of the season. It was the first goal Edmonton had scored in just shy of 160 minutes of play, extending back to before the Olympic break. Edmonton picked up the pace for the remainder of the third, but the Flames held on to send the game to extra time to set up the victory. Calgary has broken the remainder of the regular season into a pair of seven-game segments to approximate playoff series and with that in mind, Monahan said it was an important victory for the team coming off their eighth shutout of the season in a 2-0 loss to the Los Angeles Kings in their return from the Olympic break on Thursday. "It was kind of a must-win game for us," he said. "It was pretty intense. After (Westgarth) goes to war like he did, you have to find a way to win. Fortunately enough we did. We just want to win as many games as we can at this point." The Flames return to action on Monday as they travel to Minnesota to face the Wild. The Oilers play the third game of a five-game homestand on Tuesday against the Ottawa Senators. Notes: Calgary was shutout 2-0 by the L.A. Kings in its return to action from the Olympic break, while the Oilers were blanked 3-0 by the Minnesota Wild earlier in the week. The two Alberta-based teams are tied for the most shutouts allowed this season with eight apiecea. It was the fourth of five games between the Oilers and Flames this season. Edmonton came into the game with a 2-0-1 record in the previous three meetings and had won six of the last nine games between the two teams overalla The Oilers were without forward Nail Yakupov, who took a shot from teammate Justin Schultz off the foot in Thursdays loss to the Wild. While nothing was broken, there is no timetable for Yakupovs returna Flames defenceman Chris Butler was a surprise starter after suffering an injury versus the Kings. Brian McGrattan, nursing an upper-body injury sustained in practice last week, has been cleared for contact but didnt play. Also out for Calgary were goaltender Karri Ramo (lower body) and forward Curtis Glencross (lower body)a Calgary forward Lee Stempniak took the game off to be with his wife after the birth of twin daughters on Friday. Cheap Running Shoes Online Outlet . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend. Cheap Running Shoes Online .com) - It appears both the Houston Rockets and Chicago Bulls will reach the playoffs, but the two squads are coming off losing efforts. http://www.cheaprunningshoesaustralia.com/ .5 million. University officials released the term sheet signed by Harsin Wednesday, the day the former Broncos walk-on player and Boise native was named the successor to Chris Petersen, who left for Washington last week. Wholesale Running Shoes Australia . Chris Heisey followed with a two-run triple and Billy Hamilton added an RBI double, all but sealing Cincinnatis fourth straight victory and seventh in eight games. Brandon Phillips, celebrating his 33rd birthday, hit a go-ahead homer in the ninth for the Reds before pinch-hitter Buster Posey tied it with an RBI double off hard-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman in the bottom half. Cheap Running Shoes Wholesale . - Chicago Bears running back Matt Forte sees the commitment to the handoff and cant help but come away impressed.TORONTO – Unless the Blue Jays are laying the groundwork to promote top pitching prospect Aaron Sanchez from Triple-A, Fridays roster move is at best pointless and at worst, a hindrance. On its own, its hard to see how the acquisition of left-hander Brad Mills off waivers from Oakland on Thursday, followed by the optioning to Buffalo of right-hander Chad Jenkins on Friday, makes the Blue Jays a better baseball team. Sitting four games out of first place in the American League East entering post-All-Star Break play, the priority must be to improve the ballclub with each transaction. This results in the shuffling of back-to-back first-round picks. Jenkins (20th overall in 2009) gets shuffled out. Right-handed pitcher Deck McGuire (11th overall in 2010) was designated for assignment to create space on the 40-man roster for Mills. Manager John Gibbons, left to answer for a move he likely had no say in, offered this on Mills: "Hell be our long guy," said Gibbons. This, according to Gibbons, is to facilitate a larger role for Todd Redmond. "Youll probably see him in the middle of the game, later in the game," said Gibbons. Jenkins, who was gone before media had a chance to speak to him, could be forgiven if he was scratching his head all the way to Pawtucket, where hell join his Bisons teammates and begin his fourth stint with Buffalo this season. The 26-year-old has a 3.72 ERA in 15 appearances, 19 1/3 innings, for the Blue Jays this season. Clearly, hed developed a degree of Gibbons trust, seeing use in high leverage situations late in close ballgames. Mills, 29, is a journeyman. A fourth-round pick of the Blue Jays in 2007, he posted an 8.57 ERA in 14 appearances, nine starts, with Toronto spread over three seasons starting in 2009. After a stop in Anaheim (sent west by the Blue Jays in the December, 2011 deal for catcher Jeff Mathis), Mills has spent time in the Rangers, Brewers and Athletics organizations. He made three starts for the As this season after Oakland acquired him for one dollar from Milwaukee, winning once before becoming expendable after the blockbuster trade for Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel. Redmond has had a solid year for the Blue Jays, posting a 2.57 ERA in 25 appearances but pitching mostly in low leverage situations. There have been 14 occasions when Redmond has entered the game with Toronto either leading or trailing by at least three runs. "Basically Red was pitching in blowout-type games so he wasnt getting a lot of work and hes pitched very good," said Gibbons. "Were going to give him a shot in a little bit tougher roles and see what he can do with them; pitch him more often." Redmond had been the long man with Jenkins serving a hybrid long man/high leverage role. Now, its Mills as the long man with Redmond serving a hybrid long man/high leverage role. The only thing the club has accomplished is the addition of a depth pitcher. Maybe Jenkins helps to fortify a pitching staff in Buffalo thats soon to lose Sanchez. It could be similar to the recent acquisition of Brett Wallace, meant to cover Buffalos loss of Dan Johnson, who jjoined the Blue Jays when Adam Lind went on the disabled list.dddddddddddd Then again, maybe it isnt and this is just another move in the seemingly constant waiver wire scavenger hunt that leaves Jenkins the odd man out. REYES GETS CORTISONE SHOT Jose Reyes used the four-day All-Star Break to spend time with his family at their Long Island, New York home. He didnt exercise and he didnt participate in any baseball-related activities. Reyes had good reason for it. "I didnt do anything because I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder," said Reyes. "I had to sit for a couple of days at home and rest and go from there. Today, I feel good. Its all about baseball now, you know, second half. Were still in the mix to continue competing." Reyes played in Sundays game against the Rays and received the shot afterward. Hes been dealing with soreness in his rotator cuff, soreness that comes and goes, for most of the season. Entering Fridays play, Reyes had appeared in 79 of Torontos 96 games, the majority of which have been played on the fake surface at Rogers Centre. His body needed the break. "People know on the field that we play here, on the turf, its going to hurt your body a little bit," said Reyes. "When you have the opportunity to take a day off you have to take it and enjoy it." ARENCIBIA RETURNS TO TORONTO After a two month stint with Texas Triple-A affiliate in Round Rock, J.P. Arencibia was back in the big leagues in time to begin the second half of the season in, of all places, Toronto. The irony wasnt lost on the former franchise catcher. "Its crazy the way life works. I think things happen for a reason," said Arencibia. "Obviously (its) where my whole career started; where I grew up. I mean, walking around is a little different for me but, obviously, Im here to do a job and Im excited to be back." Arencibia had a big effect on the outcome of Friday nights game. His three-run home run in the seventh inning increased the Rangers lead to 5-0. Texas won 5-1. The Rangers have a plethora of catchers now that Geovany Soto, the incumbent, has returned from a knee injury. The Rangers used a combination of Robinson Chirinos and Chris Gimenez after Arencibia was outrighted to the minor leagues in mid-May. Thanks to left ankle surgery which will keep first baseman Mitch Moreland out of action until September, possibly the rest of the season, the Rangers have a hole at first base. Carlos Pena was designated for assignment. Arencibia gets a chance to fill the void. His two months in the minor leagues were helpful. "I 100-percent needed it," said Arencibia. "I think that it was something that necessary and I went back and had to iron some things out and be who I can be. That was really the main thing, changing my mentality and really understanding myself." Arencibia hit .279/.320/.542 with 14 home runs in 48 games with Round Rock. In his first stint with the Rangers, he hit .133/.182/.233 with one home run in 20 games. The former Blue Jay was non-tendered last offseason after hitting .194/.227/.365 despite 21 home runs. ' ' '
Till överst på sidan
Användarens profil Skicka personligt meddelande
Visa inlägg nyare än:   
Skapa nytt ämne   Svara på ämnet    Forumindex -> Lynx Alla tider är GMT + 2 timmar (svensk sommartid)
Sida 1 av 1

Hoppa till:  
Du kan inte skapa nya inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ändra dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte ta bort dina inlägg i det här forumet
Du kan inte rösta i det här forumet